FÍS a Dó is a pilot project which has been designed based on the outcomes of the initial FÍS pilot project (March 2000 to June 2003). It is an initiative of the National Film School at the Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology (IADT) and is delivered through Diageo Liberties Learning Initiative in the Digital Hub. FÍS a Dó concentrates on introducing the medium of film into the Primary and Post Primary School curriculum. The project places an emphasis on the exploration of creativity as a means of learning and self-expression through the visual arts, drama, music dance and literature. This pilot is designed to run over a three-year period.
- Promote young people’s appreciation of, and response to, the medium of film.
- Give young people the opportunity to explore the film-making process.
- Enhance the educational and life experiences of pupils in the pilot schools.
- Focus on learning through film exploration and the arts.
- Involve the whole school community; pupils, teachers, parents and the wider community.
- Develop the professional skills of teachers in facilitating film in relation to arts and media activities.
- Contribute to models of good practice for the use of film as a learning resource in Schools.
- Become a viable initiative - throughout the project and in its final delivery.